Interested in having your child join the Summer Fun Program? Below is a list of items you’ll need to know about, written by a parent!
- Applications are accepted in February or March. The website will indicate when the application process has started.
- Applications are added to our waitlist only once the complete application is received.
- Delta Life Skills Society has a mandate to help special needs children in Delta. We will accept out of Delta families if there is room, and applications are prioritized in the following order:
- Returning Delta participants who meet our application criteria and are in good standing in terms of volunteer participation
- Returning Delta participants who apply late, meet our application criteria and are in good standing in terms of volunteer participation
- New or returning Delta participants who meet our application criteria and have not met the volunteer participation requirements
- Outside of Delta returning participants who meet our application criteria and are in good standing in terms of volunteer participation
- Outside of Delta returning participants who apply late and are in good standing in terms of volunteer participation
- Outside of Delta returning participants who apply late and have not met the volunteer participation requirements
- New outside of Delta participants who have not participated in our program before
- Once you’ve completed your application, you must attend the AGM. This night is mandatory and failure for at least one parent to attend means your application will move down the priority list. You can expect the following at the parent night:
- Meet the program director.
- Learn the dates of the program.
- Find out ways you can participate in our fundraising process.
- Ask any questions you have to become more familiar with the program.
- All applications are waitlisted so we can determine proper placements, which depend on a variety of factors, such as participant age and abilities. Families with a priority i) score above will be notified within a few weeks of the parent night, while all other priority score families will be notified by April 30. We will accept late applications up until March 31.
- If you are a new family, our program director will arrange a visit to your child’s school. This visit helps to ensure your child will fit into our program structure. The Delta Life Skills Summer Fun Program is not set up to deal with overly aggressive behaviours, children requiring 2:1 support (two staff for one child) or children with high medical needs. This visit is to discuss the application with the child’s teacher and to determine what strategies are used to deal with various behaviours or transitions to help make the child’s Summer Fun experience great.
- Want more info? Check out our Parent Handbook.
We are now accepting applications for Summer Fun Program 2019.
Please use the Checklist and fill out the 3 application forms and email them to Membership.
PLEASE ALSO BRING A COPY OF YOUR APPLICATIONS TO THE AGM WITH ALL THE REQUIRED DOCUMENTATION. The checklist is for reference only, so you are aware of what we require for a complete application. Note if the Program Director feels your application does not have enough information to successfully support your child, you will be asked to re-do the application. Please be as thorough as possible, and attach additional sheets with information if necessary.