Each family using the program must participate in fundraising for Delta Life Skills Society. We have the following two major fundraisers each year:
- Pub night
These two events combined raise about 20% of the total funds required to run our program. Failure to participate means that we will need to raise fees for Summer Fun, something we would prefer not to do.
We also have opportunities for various other fundraisers throughout the year, and these are scheduled on an as-advised basis. In the past, we have sold gift cards, sold Rotary calendars and had BBQs at NAPA Auto Parts in Ladner.
You are responsible for meeting the minimum requirements for fundraising. Updated fundraising information can be found here.
Other ways you can raise funds
Some parents feel our fundraisers are not attainable, so there are other ways you can help:
- Does your work have a charitable giving program? One of our families has consistently brought in a $1,000 donation from their workplace because the company recognizes the value of volunteering in the community.
- Contact your place of employment for a donation. Donations of $1,000 or more mean your company is recognized on our T-shirts, which are worn by participants during the program.
- Interested in having a bottle drive or a garage sale on behalf of us? If you want to do the organizing, we will help get the word out!
- Having a special event where people might want to bring a gift? Ask for donations to Delta Life Skills Society instead, and all donations will be credited to your family’s account.
- Do you or someone you know have a home-based business and want to donate the sales from one evening to Delta Life Skills Society? We can advertise the event among our families to spread the word.
- Do you collect Aeroplan points? We are set up with the Aeroplan Charitable Giving program and have a continuous fundraising goal with them. We collect these points to “purchase” prizes for our raffle.
Additionally, grants are available from other organizations to families that meet certain criteria. Found a grant that you think you qualify for? Email us and we can help with your application for funding.