Title: Site Leader
Job Status: Summer Contract (July2 to August 16, 2019)
Hours: 8:30am – 3:30pm, Monday – Friday
Locations: up to 4 in Ladner and/or Tsawwassen, up to 4 in North Delta
Scope: Site Leaders direct a group of 6-7 staff and 6-8children with special needs. You will work closely with an Assistant Leader who supports you in implementing the program and ensuring the safety and well-being of the children and that life skills based goals are tracked for all participants. You will plan, execute, and participate in all the life skills based programming areas and ensure that the equipment used is safe, clean and hazard-free at all times. Specific duties include:
- Review your six-week program plan in advance of the start date, incorporating activities which give participants the ability to practice their Summer Fun Goals.
- Meet with the Program Director prior to program start to finalize plans.
- Meet with Program Director midway through program to do staff evaluations.
- Implement the program, including organizing staff and participants, in life-skills based activities consistent with our Summer Fun Goals.
- Track each participants goals.
- Assist the children with their daily living and recreational activities, including but not limited to: eating, toileting, swimming, walking, communicating, mentoring and being a role model
- Ensure the safety of participants at all times
- Mentor and evaluate your staff, including team building within your staff
- Intervene and mediate in any conflicts that arise
- Daily communication with parents
- Work with the Assistant Leader in maintaining accurate petty cash records.
- Assorted other duties as required
The Site Leader reports directly to the Program Director and is responsible for delivering the program as set out in the program handbook. The Site Leader will communicate with the Program Director to receive direction on meeting the Summer Fun requirements and any policy updates as they occur.
- Current Emergency First Aid with CPR certificate
- CPI training is an asset
- Food-safe certificate is an asset
- Completion of a criminal record check (required only if you are a successful applicant)
- Minimum 2 years supervisory experience in a similar program
- Mentoring staff looking for a career in the social services sector.
- Working as an Education Assistant in a school district or equivalent experience
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- High energy, enthusiastic
- Enjoy being part of a team that values leadership and organizational talents
We offer a competitive salary starting at $23.50 per hour.
Please send resumes in confidence to: firstname.lastname@example.org indicating SITE LEADER in the subject.
Closing date: April 15, 2019