Title: Recreation Worker
Job Status: Summer Contract (July 2nd to August 15, 2019)
Hours: 8:45am – 3:15pm, Monday – Friday
Locations: Ladner and/or Tsawwassen, and North Delta
Scope: Recreation Workers work in a team environment supporting children with special needs participate in recreational activities which meet the Summer Fun Goals. Your team consists of other recreation workers, Support Worker(s), 1 Assistant Leader, and 1 Site Leader. You will execute the program directed by the Site Leader while ensuring the safety and well-being of the children. You will participate in all the programming areas and ensure that the equipment used is safe, clean and hazard-free at all times.Specific duties include:
- Assist the children with their life skills, daily living activities and recreational activities, including but not limited to: eating, toileting, swimming, walking and communicating
- Ensure the safety of participants at all times
- Daily communication with parents of the child you are assigned to for the day
- Assorted other duties as required
The Recreation Worker reports directly to the Site Leader and is responsible for supporting the program as set out in the program handbook.
- Current Emergency First Aid with CPR certificate
- Experience working with children with special needs (i.e. respite, peer tutor)
- Completion of a criminal record check (required only if you are a successful applicant)
- Food-safe is an asset
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- High energy,enthusiastic, flexible
- Enjoy being part of a team that values leadership and organizational talents
- Open to receiving feedback on strategies to deal with our participant’s unique needs
We offer a competitive salary which will commensurate with experience and starts at $12.50 per hour.
Please send resumes in confidence to: firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate RECREATION WORKER in the subject line.
Closing date: April 15, 2019